(adapted from this one on Allrecipes.com)
1 lb (16 oz) turkey sausage
1/4 cup finely minced onion
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
6 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup water
1/2 cup milk
1 pkg (2.64 oz) country gravy mix
6 slices bread, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
paprika (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and grease an 8x8 square casserole dish
2. Brown the sausage and crumble it according to package directions. Throw the onions in there for the last minute or two of the cooking. Drain fat, and place the sausage in the casserole dish. Top the sausage with shredded cheese.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, water, milk, and gravy mix. Pour over the sausage and cheese. Top it off with the bread cubes, making sure they're evenly spread. If some poke up higher than the others, they'll get crispier. If you don't want your bread to be too crispy, you can either press the bread down into the egg mixture just a bit so it will soak up more or you can drizzle melted butter over the bread. Sprinkle with paprika, and place it in the oven.
4. Bake for 1 hour or until a knife inserted into the center comes out almost clean--almost. After all, there's gravy in there, so it may not ever come out completely clean until it's burned to a crisp, and we don't want that. No sir.
5. Let it stand for 5-10 minutes to set up completely, then ring that breakfast bell and gobble up some country goodness.