July 19, 2011

Parmesan Cheese Bread

I really don't know why I haven't put this one up already.  I make it all the time because it goes with almost everything and can round out a meal when you didn't make a side dish and you realize that there's only a bowl of pasta on the table.  In moments like this, I make parmesan cheese bread.  I'm pretty sure that makes my husband's perception of the meal go up about four notches, regardless of whatever else I made.  It's not an exact science, hence the total lack of measurements.  It takes like three minutes to make.

Image Source
Parmesan Cheese Bread

Bread
Butter
Garlic Salt
Seasoning of some sort (Italian seasoning, basil, parsley, oregano...whatever smells good at the moment)
Parmesan Cheese

1. Turn on your broiler to heat up a bit.
2. Butter your bread.  Sprinkle on your seasonings until it looks and smells yummy.  Just be careful with the garlic salt because it tends to blend into the bread, making it hard to tell just how much is on there if you weren't paying attention when you sprinkled.  Parmesan cheese it.
3. Place the bread on a cookie sheet (or, if you're like me, a little piece of aluminum foil) and broil until the edges of the bread are just brown.  Do NOT forget you're making it or your house will end up smelling like smoke all night.  Just watch it, and you'll be fine.
4. Devour the goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...