(adapted from the Lion House Cookbook)
1/2 lb egg noodles
1/2 lb ground beef (or more, depending on how meaty you like your meals)
1/4 large onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp oil
8 oz. tomato sauce
3 cups tomato juice (I personally think pure tomato juice tastes better, but you can use V8 if that's all you've got)
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp basil
2 tsps oregano
1 tsp chili powder
1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
2 cups cheddar cheese
1. Cook noodles according to package directions until just tender. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Heat oil over medium heat in a skillet and saute meat, onion, and garlic until ground beef is browned and onions are tender.
3. Add noodles and all other ingredients but the cheddar cheese. Pour into an ungreased 9x13 pan. Cover with foil and bake at 325 for 45 minutes.
4. Uncover, sprinkle with cheddar cheese, and bake for 30 minutes more.
5. Eat it now or wait until tomorrow when all the flavors blend deliciously.