August 23, 2011

Spiced Cantaloupe

I was recently asked to bring cantaloupe to a baby shower.  The only issue was that generally I'm not too much of a fan of melons.  So in an effort to make the cantaloupe more delicious to my taste, I pulled out my trusty Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook and turned to the Vegetables & Fruits section.  Lo and behold, there was a recipe for spiced cantaloupe.  With just one minor tweak to fit with the ingredients I had at home, this recipe was what I took to the shower.  And guess what?  People actually asked for the recipe!  I think I've found my new favorite way to eat cantaloupe.
Image Source
Spiced Cantaloupe
(this recipe can easily be doubled, tripled, etc. depending on how much cantaloupe you have on hand)

2 cups cantaloupe, cubed
2 Tbsp lemon juice (or lime)
1 Tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg

1. Put the cantaloupe cubes in a medium-sized bowl.  Pour lemon (or lime) juice over the cantaloupe, then sprinkle on the sugar and nutmeg.  Toss gently to combine.
2. Enjoy cantaloupe for possibly the first time ever (if you're anything like me).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...