|Image thanks to spadesnspoons|
*Yields 2 sandwiches
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried ginger
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1/2 Tbsp honey
1 boneless skinless chicken breast
4 thick slices bread (or 2 sandwich rolls)
Mayonaisse (to taste)
Spinach leaves (a handful or two)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, mix together garlic powder, ginger, and soy sauce. When thoroughly mixed, add the honey and let sit for at leats 5 minutes for flavors to blend. If you have a hard time mixing in the honey, just throw it in the microwave for about 30 seconds, but make sure the spices are all mixed in well because if you microwave it before they are, it will get all clumpy, which will be gross and frustrating.
3. Cut the chicken breast into two thin pieces (think filet style) or pound the chicken flat and then just cut it in half. The goal is to create two sandwich-sized pieces of chicken out of one chicken breast. Place them in a small casserole dish. Pour the sauce even over the chicken, making sure the chicken is covered as well as possible. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
4. When the chicken is almost done, toast the bread, and spread each slice with a bit of mayonaisse (if desired). Pit, peel, and thinly slice the avocado. To assemble each sandwich, place one piece of chicken on a piece of bread, then top with half of the avocado slices and a handful of spinach. Top with the other piece of toast. Repeat to assemble the second sandwich.
5. Pretend you're at Cheesecake Factory. If you want a bit more flavor, try dipping your sandwich in the leftover sauce--but be warned, it is very strong. Enjoy!