1-1/4 cup cooked chicken, chopped
3 oz cream cheese, softened
1 small can mushrooms
Salt and pepper to taste
1 pkg refrigerated crescent rolls
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup bread crumbs (try the seasoned kind for more flavor)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup chicken broth
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine chopped chicken, cream cheese, mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Unroll and separate the crescent roll dough. Place about a heaping tablespoon or two of the chicken mixture in the center of each piece of dough. Make sure to leave enough chicken for all of the rolls! Roll the crescent dough around the chicken and crease the edges to form a little ball around the filling. I find that it's easiest to fold the long, skinny corner across the top, then fold the two smaller corners back toward the long corner. Make sure the edges are all sealed or you'll have chicken filling oozing out, which nobody wants.
3. Roll each ball in melted butter, then in bread crumbs. Place the breaded chicken pillows on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, heat the cream of chicken soup and the broth together in a small saucepan until warm. Poof! Gravy.
5. When your chicken pillows are done, pour a little gravy on top. It's dinner time!