1 lb ground turkey (or ground beef)
1 pkg taco seasoning (about 2.5 Tbsp)
2 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup flour
1 cup sour cream
2 cans (4 oz each) diced green chiles
11 oz tortilla chips
1-2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (depending on how cheesy you want it)
1/2 cup green onions, sliced (I usually omit these, and it tastes just fine)
1. In a medium skillet, brown ground beef until crumbly. Drain fat. Add the taco seasoning and blend well.
2. In a small bowl, mix together broth and flour (it will be less lumpy if you use cool broth, rather than warm), then add broth mixture to meat. Bring to a boil to slightly thicken the liquid. Stir in sour cream and green chiles until well blended and remove from heat.
3. Place ½ of the tortilla chips in a lightly greased 13x9 baking dish, then top the chips with ½ the meat mixture, ½ of the cheese, and ½ of the green onions. Layer again with remaining ingredients. Any chips that are left uncovered by the sauce or cheese will get crispier, so if you like it crispy, leave more chips exposed or vice versa.
4. Bake uncovered at 357 degrees for 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
5. Enjoy it now and again tomorrow, when it will taste even better.