July 20, 2012

Poppy Seed Chicken and Rice

I have some amazing ladies (aka visiting teachers) that like to come visit me every so often and share a spiritual message with me.  And last month they brought me this amazing dinner.  I took a bite and said to my husband, "I need to ask them for the recipe!"  If you know someone who has recently been sick, bring them this dish, and they will be happy and love you.

Image Source
Poppy Seed Chicken and Rice


2-4 cups cooked rice (depending on the size of pan you want to use/whatever you have on hand)
2-4 cups cooked, chopped chicken
1 large or 2 small cans of cream of chicken soup
2 cups sour cream
1/2 cup butter
1 sleeve of Ritz crackers, crushed (I'd put them in a ziploc and go at it with a rolling pin)
2 Tbsp poppy seeds

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spread rice evenly on the bottom of a 2-3 quart casserole dish.  Top with chopped chicken. Combine cream of chicken soup and sour cream.  Spread over rice and chicken.
3. In a separate bowl or saucepan, melt the butter, then stir in the crushed Ritz and the poppy seeds.  Top casserole with the poppy seed mixture.  Bake for 30-45 minutes or until it's nice and bubbly.
4. Voila!  Comfort food.

2 comments:

  1. This one looks super delicious! Any ideas on how to make it healthier?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is super delicious. I would use greek yogurt instead of sour cream and cut it down to one small can of cream of chicken. I did that once, and it still turned out great.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...