May 25, 2011

Finnish Pancakes

Once upon a time I was sitting in Teaching Language Arts class in my elementary ed program.  Our professor handed out some writing done by 4th graders and asked us to read through it and make comments and suggestions for them.  He handed out the papers at random.  Lo and behold, the paper that I got was an instructional essay teaching how to make Finnish pancakes.  I was intrigued!  I wrote down the recipe in my planner, took it home, and made it a few days later.  I thought it was surprisingly filling and a fun break from the traditional breakfast.  And so, dear readers, this delicious breakfast recipe is brought to you by some 4th grader who knows how to cook.  Enjoy!

Image Source
Finnish Pancakes

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
4 eggs
2 cups milk
 
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Place butter in a 9x13 baking dish and put in warm oven just long enough to melt the butter.  Remove the baking dish from the oven and set aside.  
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, and eggs.  Add milk.  Pour mixture over melted butter.  Bake for 18-20 minutes.  Let cool for 2-3 minutes.  
3. Top with cinnamon sugar, powdered sugar, or syrup.
4. Enjoy your surprisingly filling breakfast.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I totally remember this! You were so excited about your essay with a recipe. haha, I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...