I found this recipe on a package of chicken and didn't have all of the ingredients it called for, so I improvised a bit. The result was, in my opinion, absolutely delicious. This is one of the most flavorful chicken dishes I've ever made, and I love it. I will definitely be making this one again!
Creamy Chicken Florentine
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 Tbsp olive oil (or any other kind of cooking oil you have on hand)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/2 tsp lemon pepper (optional)
1/2 cup chicken broth (I substituted broth for white wine here)
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup half and half (or heavy cream, but half-and-half is cheaper and healthier)
4 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tsp garlic salt)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups packed, fresh spinach
1 tsp basil
1. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt, pepper, and lemon pepper (optional) and cook for 8 minutes per side or until juices run clear. Set aside.
2. Add chicken broth to hot pan and let reduce by half. I know this sounds like it will take forever and be pointless, but it really only takes about 2-3 minutes because the pan is so hot, and it makes the flavor amazing!
3. Add mushrooms and saute 4-5 minutes. Add half-and-half (or cream), garlic, and parmesan cheese. Mix well and bring to simmer. Add spinach and basil and cook until spinach is tender.
4. Put chicken back in the pan with the sauce and simmer for another 5 minutes.
5. Prepare yourself for the flavor explosion.