2 cups flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup oil
1. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly mix in milk with a fork, using just enough milk to make the dough moist. If you don't use all of the milk, don't worry about it. Making them too moist makes the dough extremely hard to work with. If you end up adding too much milk, just add a little flour at a time until you can work with the dough again.
2. Knead dough for 5 minutes, then let dough rest for 5 minutes more. Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. The oil should be about half an inch deep.
3. Separate the dough into individual scone-size pieces, using about 3/4 cup-worth of dough for each scone. Shape each scone into a round disc about 1/4 inch thick. For best results, make the middle slightly thinner than the edges of the scone.
4. Fry each scone in oil until golden brown, turning once. Remove scones from oil and drain on a paper towel.
5. Top with your favorites toppings and serve.